Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Favorite Covers #10

Ghost Rider, Volume 2, Number 1
Cover Date: May 1990

I've said it many times here: This is where my comic book collection began. This was the very first comic book I collected and  the last 20 years and 5100+ comics I've collected all come from this book. 
Even beyond that, I've always loved this cover. It's what caught my eye when I decided to look at these comics at my local shop, Nostalgia, Ink, where at that time I was only buying GoreZone and Fangoria Magazines. I was really into horror movies in those days (back before everything was a lame ass remake of the good stuff) and the flaming skull, chain and spikes caught my eye. I had no idea where it would lead but these last two decades of collecting comics is something I wouldn't trade for anything.
So, Ghost Rider is my favorite character, this is my all time favorite comic and it's Comic Book #1 in my collection.

No comments: