Monday, August 31, 2009

Disney Buys Marvel

When I get online, generally late morning/early afternoon, I tend to go to newsarama.com and CBR.com to get the latest news in the comics world.
Imagine my surprise when I go to newsarama.com today and see: BREAKING: DISNEY TO ACQUIRE MARVEL.
After I started to breathe again I clicked the link and read what I never thought I'd see: The House of Mouse now owns the House of Ideas.
Now come the questions. What does this mean for comics fans? Will Disney decide certain Marvel books like Marvel Zombies and the entire MAX line, are not something they wish to continue with? Will we see a Disney view of the Marvel Universe? How does this effect the animation and live action Marvel productions? Will we have Marvel/Pixar movies now? Will Xavier's High school Musical for Gifted Children be a mini-series or ongoing?

Marvel and Disney both claim that nothing will change in the Marvel Universe. But how much of that is truth and how much is damage/spin control to keep the fans of Marvel under control?

To be sure, the next few days and weeks are going to be VERY interesting and I'll be covering as much of it here as I can along with my regular stuff.

No comments: