Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekly Pulls and a Special Announcement!

AVENGERS #7
Words: Brian Michael Bendis
Pictures: John Romita, Jr

New Story! New Member!
First the new member: The Red hulk. I'm sure this excites some people but honestly I don't read Hulk and have no idea, really, what the deal is with the red one. If you're excited he's here though, good for you!
The new story centers on the legendary Infinity Gems. Seems the former crime boss, The Hood, wants to have power and he's somehow learned of the existence and whereabouts of the Gems. The last time we saw them they were in the possession of the Illuminati: Reed Richards, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, Prof. X, Tony Stark and Namor who all had one Gem and hid them away.
How The Hood found this out I hope gets explained as well as how a common criminal would have the mental strenght to control the gems.
Anyway, in this issue The Hood locates and claims the Reality Gem from the former home of Attilan and the Power Gem from Reed Richards. This could be very interesting especially if the Gems work in unison again.
We also revisit a small story that was introduced in the first issue: Wonder Man's opposition to the reforming of The Avengers. He restates his opposition and then takes off. This could be bad news for the team very soon.

And now, the big announcement:
It's kind of ironic that I only got one book this week while I'm getting a lot next week. There will be a change in how I post on this blog because I was recently invited to join the website comicbooked.com. It's a website devoted to comics, video games and movies, all the things that makes life fun. I'll be posting there under the name Skott Of Fables.
The way this effects my blog here is simple: From now on I'll be posting on both sites with some exclusivity to Comic Booked. What I'm going to do is every week I'll review most of my books here and I'll be picking one book to feature as my Pick Of The Week, that Pick will be reviewed on Comic Booked only. Also, I'll be continuing my Long Box reviews of older books in my collection but they will be posted on Comic Booked first then 3 to 5 days later I will post them here.
I'll have links here and there so there will be as little confusion as possible. This is also only the beginning. The format of this and Comic Booked will be tweeked over time until I'm comfortable with what I'm doing. I don't want to completely neglect this blog, it's my baby, but I'm super excited about the chance to do something bigger for a wider audience as well as a chance to sharpen my skills so Comic Booked will get most of what I'm doing now.
As always any and all feedback is appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you all as well as seeing you on Comicbooked.com!

No comments: